Our Transition Program serves children ages 14 through 24. This program is highly focused on job readiness and independent living skills, with the goal of preparing the students for life after high school. These services are crucial to successful post-secondary transition and gaining meaningful competitive employment.
Students are taught:
- Independent Living Skills
- Assistive Technology
- Communication Skills (including Braille)
- Low Vision Training
- Orientation and Mobility
- Job Exploration Counseling/Career Education
- Community Integration
- Counseling on Enrollment Opportunities
- Self-Advocacy Training
- Workplace Readiness Training
- Work-Based Learning Experience
We also offer an annual transition summer camp, as well as annual work-based learning experiences where students are provided with real on-the-job- training.