How to Refer
Lighthouse of Collier is pleased to announce that we have an electronic referral system. No more busy fax lines, wondering if we received your fax, waiting for scheduling confirmation. With a few clicks of a mouse, you can see your referrals and view your patient’s process in real time.
- Log into www.VisionRefer.org and sign up your practice.
- Enter a patient’s basic contact information, including name, address, phone number, email, and birthday, as well as any other pertinent documentation into the web-based referral form.
- Upload the last eye exam and any records pertaining to your patient’s vision loss.
- Referrals are sent through a HIPAA compliant secure system.
- Lighthouse of Collier will call the patient within 72 hours to schedule a consultation.
- Your office will be able to see real-time where we are in the scheduling process.
- Vision loss is an extremely frustrating problem and patients may feel that they have lost the ability to do the things they enjoy.
- Patients can regain various levels of independence through the use of specialized devices and instruction on how to properly use them. Patients also will be trained how to modify appliances, lighting, and more in their home to facilitate a better quality of life.
- Glasses may not be enough to maximize the remaining vision.
- Medicare and other third party insurances pay for a portion of these services. We never turn anyone away based on ability to pay.
- All patients will be sent back to you for any and all medical eye care treatment and follow-up.