The Supervisor of ILS & Mobility Services is responsible for overseeing programs and services for adult clients with vision impairments.
- Ensure ongoing program excellence
- Ensure services and programs meet DBS contract guidelines
- Oversee Adult Programs
- Monitor new referrals
- Manage the development and implementation of new and on-going programs, services and events
- Provide management support to: Certified/Non-Certified Support Staff (including: COMS, CVRT, Rehabilitation Teacher, Vision Rehab Assistant and Case Manager).
- Provide training and on-going assistance with client services database (AWARE).
- Monitor service provider caseloads to ensure quality services.
- Ensure service providers complete training to keep up with current trends in the field low vision and blindness.
- Supervise program staff, include conducting performance evaluations, coaching and discipline as necessary.
- Masters degree in Visual Disabilities Education, Vision Rehabilitation Therapy and/or Orientation and Mobility
- Minimum 5 years experience working as a service provider in the field of blindness and low vision
- Certified or certifiable by ACVREP
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Reports to CEO