This annual event will be held October 15th. Clients and their families and friends are encouraged to participate in two Zoom sessions during the day. Please contact the Lighthouse for the Zoom links.
- 9:55am-11:05pm – join us with our sister agency (New Vision for Independence) via Zoom
- Learn more about and celebrate the abilities of our blind neighbors
- Participate in interactive activities
- Show your support for the full participation of blind Americans in our community
- 12:55pm –2:05pm – join Lighthouse of Collier via Zoom
- White Cane Law
- Learn when to obtain a White Cane & what it represents
- Guest Speaker TBA
- Indoor Mobility Techniques
- New Mobility High Tech Tools & Apps
- Short Video, Fun Facts, Q&A
The goal of White Cane Safety Day is to bring public awareness about the White Cane Law and to recognize the white cane as a tool of independence for blind pedestrians on our streets and in our communities.
The mission of Lighthouse of Collier is to foster independence and enhance the quality of life for the blind, visually impaired and their caregivers. To learn more about Lighthouse of Collier please visit www.LighthouseofCollier.org 239- 430-EYE4 (3934).