Can you see to read this? Imagine going blind or having any vision loss. Who helps you learn how to socialize, navigate, communicate and feel safe in a sighted world? Who helps you cope and feel confident that you can live a productive life? Lighthouse of Collier, Inc., offers programs/services, at no charge, to help the blind and visually impaired become independent in Collier County. As the only Center for Blindness and Vision Loss in Collier County, Lighthouse of Collier helps the estimated 14,000* local children and adults become independent. Founded in 2009, Lighthouse of Collier, Inc., is established as a Florida Not For Profit, 501 (c) (3), Corporation. 100% of the funds raised stay in Collier County. *Statewide Assessment of Unmet Rehabilitation Needs of Florida Citizens who are Blind or Visually Impaired conducted by Mississippi State University January 2008
Art Bookbinder passed away on April 1, 2020. Art will be dearly missed by all of us at Lighthouse of Collier. From the origin of the Lighthouse of Collier in 2009, he was a friend, coach, cheerleader, board member & financial supporter. One of our board members said it best. “He was a blind man that taught us how to see”.
Our vision is to be the best, most reputable, and dependable provider of information and services to those who are blind and visually impaired. We want to be sure they have access to all the things that others who are not visually impaired have access to, despite their disability.
- Outstanding outcomes for our clients by meeting a full range of needs by providing up to date, high quality services
- Treat clients with utmost respect, ensuring their dignity is maintained
- Foster independence and enhance the quality of life of our clients
- Increase public awareness about the Lighthouse services, ensuring a good understanding of the value Lighthouse brings to the community and to those who are blind and visually impaired
- Powerful and strong collaborations and partnerships in order to achieve the highest level of customer services
- Identify people in the community in need our Lighthouse of Collier Services
- Continuous improvement of processes and services provided