The adult Vocation Rehabilitation Program is designed for adult clients that are either working or want to go back to work. The program provides comprehensive training in self-help skills, computer/adaptive technology and job readiness; orientation and mobility, low vision services, and personal and home management.
The focus of this program is to offer a Job Readiness Program to provide clients with a comprehensive, person-centered, employment readiness program using a learning-based curriculum, all within a community setting.
This program includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Curriculum catered to the individual’s needs,
- ADL (Adult Daily Living Skills) training specific for job readiness
- Assistive Technology training,
- Social and Communication Skills training,
- Orientation and Mobility training,
- Support groups,
- Tools to assist clients with ADL and Orientation and Mobility
In summary, the goal of this program is to develop our client’s job readiness skills, assist the client in understanding their strengths and weaknesses, increase the client’s self-evaluation techniques for personal improvement, and to meet individual goals; and to develop connections between the Lighthouse and community business leaders to assist in securing employment for our clients.